SPAK in the "courtyard" of Rama, this is how the prosecutors are investigating the complete file of "McGonigal" in cooperation with the FBI, from letters and information with American intelligence, to the interrogation in complete secrecy in New York
Here are the two powerful women in the SP who can take the reins of the government after the departure of Edi Rama, what is expected to happen on December 8, the socialists in anxiety
SPAK before the trial by fire", Sali Berisha ignores justice and continues not to implement the court's decision, the third rejection of BKH agents is expected
Ilir Meta is soon arrested, the prosecutors have closed the "CEZ-DIA" file, here's what's happening inside SPAK, Romeo Kara reveals the sensational behind-the-scenes
Evi Kokalari's "Bombshell": Here's how the US has sewn up the file on the 'Berisha' family, I show you one of DASH's evidence in its 'non-grata' file and Argita's role using Jamarbër Malltezi in corruption and enrichment through power
The fever for Ilir Meta, Sali Berisha and 3 well-known ex-ministers is increasing, that's why justice can open investigations into their affair of hundreds of millions that is disappearing from Albanians 10 million dollars a year
The days of "horror" begin for Shkëlzen for the Gërdec affair, on December 7 the secretary of Aldo Bumçi appears before SPAK, who can put him behind bars, Berisha's son in GJKKO on December 14
Fundoset Shkëlzeni and the Minister of Justice of Sali Berisha, the engineer reveals for the first time in SPAK the fact that proves his son's secret connections as the shadow owner of the business of death in Gërdec
The fight against informality in employment, Albania stands at the top! What the study shows: The phenomenon in our country is 3 times that of the region
Written by SOT.COM.AL 2 Tetor 2023
While the countries of the region have taken steps forward in the fight against informality in the labor market, Albania is standing in the last place, according to the study on the progress of the labor market in the Western Balkans that was recently conducted by the Vienna International Institute for Economic Studies.
As can be seen from the graph below in North Macedonia and Serbia, informality in the labor market has gradually decreased year after year, to 12-13% of total employment in 2021 from 22% in 2014. One share in 2015-2016, Albania somewhat reduced informality in the labor market, bringing the indicator to 35% from more than 50% in 2014.
The graph of the Vienna experts shows that from 2017 to 2021 there is no improvement, on the contrary there is a slight upward trend of informality in the labor market. Vienna experts state that informal employment has continued to decline in Western Balkan countries in 2021. Only Albania, North Macedonia and Serbia publish official data on informal employment, calculated from the Labor Force Survey, including self-employed persons in unregistered businesses, paid workers without a contract and unpaid family workers.
"In the last decade, informality has a downward trend in all three countries, but in recent years the developments have been different. In North Macedonia and Serbia, informal employment fell in both 2020 and 2021, while it stagnated in Albania. North Macedonia and Serbia had a similar level of informal employment (about 12-13% of the total), while in Albania, the weight was significantly higher (37%), the study emphasizes.
Unemployment remains a major problem for young people in the region. In 2021, unemployment of the age group (15-24) was over 25% in all countries and up to 38% in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo. Since the pandemic, different age groups in the region have witnessed different trends in unemployment dynamics. In Kosovo and Serbia, the unemployment rate has dropped significantly among young people (15-24 years old), where Kosovo had an impressive drop of 11.4 percentage points.
In contrast, in Albania and North Macedonia, the most significant improvement was observed in middle age, but not for young people. In Montenegro, the only group that experienced a drop in unemployment was the elderly (55-64 years old), while young people saw a 12 percentage point increase in their unemployment rate. /Monitor